If you live in Northside Chicago, Northshore, and its surrounding suburbs, call Lifetime Plumbing for any of your plumbing needs. One of our specialities is gas leak detection and gas leak repair.
It can be scary when you suspect that you have a gas leak in your house or business. That is why a suspected gas leak should be investigated and fixed promptly.
How do you know if you have a gas leak on your premises?
- Liquid Natural Gas contains hydrogen sulfide that smells like rotten eggs or sulfur. If you smell a pungent odor, do not create any sparks. Call our emergency plumber immediately. We will be on your premises in no time.
- Another way to tell if you have a gas leak is by listening for any hissing sound near gas lines.
- You could also find a damaged connection in the gas line. Avoid turning the gas on until our plumber checks for a gas leak. If we find a gas leak, we will fix it immediately to reduce the risk of an explosion.
- Finally, you might see bubbles coming out of standing water. They could mean that a gas line is leaking. Call our office so that we can dispatch an emergency plumber to repair the line.
What should you do before our plumber arrives to detect and repair your gas leak?
- If you suspect a gas leak in your premises, immediately evacuate all people and animals. Extinguish any flame and leave all doors open. Do not operate any pieces of equipment that may cause a spark, including light switches and battery-powered equipment.
- Call the gas company to notify them of the leak. They can turn off the supply to your premises.
- Only return to the house after a plumber identifies the source and repairs the leak.
Our plumbers can also help with emergency plumbing, commercial plumbing, residential plumbing, installing and repairing water heaters, fixing water leaks, drain cleaning, faucet installation and repair and tankless water heater repair and installation.
Contact Lifetime Plumbing for your Gas Leak Detection and Gas Leak Repair!